As a client, you have the right to:
1. To expect and receive appropriate treatment for your animal(s) as determined by our capabilities and our mission statement.
2. To be treated with consideration, respect, and compassion by all members of our staff.
3. To be informed of any illnesses your animal(s) may have, as well as treatment options available at the Hospital.
4. To be informed of the costs of evaluation and treatment and payment options available.
5. To accept or reject treatments or diagnostic tests for your animal(s). You are not required to admit your animal to the Hospital or to allow any testing or treatment that you do not approve, and you have the right to be informed of the consequences of refusal of treatment or testing.
6. To change your mind regarding any treatments or tests you previously consented, to notify us of this change prior to treatments or tests being performed, and to be informed of the consequences of your decisions.
7. To receive prompt and courteous replies to any concerns you raise regarding the quality of care or service you and your animal(s) receive here.
8. To be assured that medical and personal information is handled in a confidential manner, and to request copies of medical record information regarding your animal(s).
As a client, you are responsible for:
1. To provide all requested health information about your animal(s).
2. To read and understand any consent forms and estimates that you sign.
3. To accept the financial obligations agreed to when your animal is seen at our facility.
4. To arrive on time for each appointment OR call ahead if you are going to be late/absent.
5. To ask questions of our staff if you do not understand instructions or information they provide.
6. To observe the policies and procedures of our facility, including appointment times, cancellation policies, and payment policies.
7. To be considerate of clients whose animals are receiving care here.
8. To ensure you are not under the influence of alcohol or other substances during your time at Island Pet Veterinary Hospital, and are able to provide consent and make decisions.
9. To inform us immediately if you change your mind about any tests to which you previously consented.
10. To be involved in your animal(s) condition from diagnosis to treatment; to follow the instructions you received for care of your animal(s) at home.
11. To advise us if you have any concerns or are dissatisfied in any way.
12. To treat every member of our staff with respect and consideration.
13. To read and understand our Client Code of Conduct and be conscious of the consequences for disorderly conduct.
Request an appointment online!
Request an appointment online in just a few minutes. We can’t wait to see you!